The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office, in partnership with the Live Free!Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition of Pinellas County, will hold OperationMedicine Cabinet (OMC) for residents to safely dispose of unused or expiredprescription medications free of charge.
In conjunction with the 12th National Prescription Drug Take Back Day, Operation Medicine Cabinet will be held from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., on Saturday, October 22, 2016 at 11 drop-off locations throughout Pinellas County (listed below).
According to National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day organizers, more than 6.4 million pounds of medication have been collected over the last 11 TakeBack Days. No bio-hazard items or needles will be accepted. Operation Medicine Cabinet isintended for the citizens of Pinellas County and not for commercial use. TheOMC drop-off sites will only be at the following locations:
North County Locations
- Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office North District Station, 737 Louden Avenue, Dunedin
- Clearwater Police Department, 27001 US Highway 19 North (Countryside Mall near LA Fitness)
Mid County Locations
- Largo Police Department, 2400 East Bay Drive, Largo (Winn Dixie parking lot)
- Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office Administration Building, 10750 Ulmerton Road, Largo
- Pinellas Park Police Department, 7751 49th Street, Pinellas Park (Walgreens)
South County Locations
- Kenneth City Police Department, 4600 58th Street North, Kenneth City
- St. Petersburg Police Department, 1300 1st Avenue North, St. Petersburg
- 8151 Dr. MLK Street North, St. Petersburg (Target parking lot)
- 1050 58th Street North, St. Petersburg (Winn Dixie Tyrone GardensShopping Center)
- St. Pete Beach7701 Boca Ciega Drive St. Pete Beach (Community Center)
- Gulfport Police Department, 5501 27th Avenue South, Gulfport (Gulfport Senior Center)
For more information, visit the Operation Medicine Cabinet web page, or contact the Sheriff’s Public Information Office at 727-582-2222.
Photo courtesy of Shutterstock